Terms & Conditions
WHEREAS the insured Person is designated in the Travel Insurance Policy named as "Travel Concern" Schedule hereto having by a proposal and declaration (Medical History and Physician's Report and Certificates, if any), which shall be the basis of the contract and shall be deemed to be incorporated herein, applied to SPI INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED (hereinafter called the "Company") for the insurance hereinafter set forth and having paid the premium stated in the Travel Concern Insurance Policy Schedule.
Insured Person Means: The person whose name is in the insurance policy issued within the validity period of travel.
Insured Family Means: The policyholder, spouse and children (aged 18 years or less) dependent and permanently residing with the Insured Person.
Usual Country of Residence Means: The country where the Policy was issued by the company.
Usual Place of Residence Means: The home or residence of an Insured in the Usual Country of Residence.
Serious Illness: A change in health that requires admission to hospital and which, in the opinion of the Company's medical team, which involves risk of death.
Injury: A medical problem caused by a sudden and severe external reason beyond the control of the Insured, within the validity period of this policy.
Serious Injury: An injury, which in the opinion of the Company's medical team, which involves risk of death.
Cover: The Company will provide the Insured with the immediate material assistance as specified, under the benefits set out in this Policy.
Covered Trip: The Covered Trip commences when the Insured Person starts the direct journey from to the exit point of his usual country of residence and ceases when the Insured Person first returns home. Covered Trip for one year will be of 365 consecutive days.
Insurers shall indemnify the Insured Person in respect of all irrecoverable deposits, advance payments and other charges paid or due to be paid for travel and/or accommodation up to a maximum of 500 US$, in the event of the Insured Person's Covered Trip being necessarily canceled or curtailed due to:
i) death, accidental bodily injury or illness of the Insured Person or the death, accidental bodily injury or illness of the Insured Person's immediate relative;
ii) The death, accidental bodily injury or illness of any person with whom the Insured Person had arranged to travel, reside or conduct business, or of the immediate relative;
iii) The Insured Person or any person with whom the Insured, Person had arranged to travel, reside or conduct business being:
quarantined or called for witness or jury service:
b) made redundant provided that such redundancy qualifies for payment under the applicable usual country of residence legislation,
c) called for emergency duty as a member of the armed forces, the defense of civil administration, the police force or the fire, rescue, public utility or medical service:
d) required to be present at his home or place of business in the usual country of residence following burglary or major damage;
The cancellation of scheduled or chartered transport services (including connecting
publicly licensed transportation) caused by accident, strike, industrial action, hi-jack, terrorist act, criminal act, bomb scare, riot, civil commotion, fire, flood, earthquake, landslide, avalanche, adverse weather conditions or mechanical breakdown, provided that the event giving rise to such cancellation occurs, or is only announced, after the covered Trip is booked or this Insurance is effected, whichever is the later,
v) Major damage rendering uninhabitable, the accommodation in which the Insured Person had previously booked to reside during a Covered Trip
vi) Refund of policy is allowed only with the submission of rejection letter of the concerned Embassy.
The Insured shall furnish the evidence, documents or certificates of the event, which caused the journey to be canceled.
The Insurer shall not be liable for the claim resulting from:-
a) Childbirth, pregnancy or any medical complications resulting there from within 2 months of the estimated date of delivery.
b) Any condition or set of circumstances known to an Insured Person at the time the red Trip was booked. or this Insurance was effected whichever is later, where such condition or set of circumstances could reasonably have been expected to give rise to the cancellation or curtailment of the Insured Person's Covered Trip.
c) Lack of reasonable care taken over means of travel, route or departure time.
In the event that transport services on which the Insured person has previously booked to travel are delayed by at least 8 hours due to any of the perils. Insurers will indemnify the Insured Person as follows:
In respect of the outward journey at commencement of the Covered Trip:
• The cost of the additional expenses (transport and hotel accommodation, as well as maintenance incurred as a result of the delay.)
• Such payment will be made on presentation of the relevant original invoices up to 1000 US$ in the event of delay of more than 8 hours.
1. The Insured Person must obtain written confirmation from the carriers or their agents of
the actual date and time of departure and the reasons for delay before a claim is
considered under this Policy.
2. Claims under this Section shall be calculated from the actual time of departure of the conveyance on which the Insured Person was booked to travel, as specified in the booking confirmation.
3. Breakage of glass or china is not covered unless caused by an accident to the conveyance in which the Insured Person is traveling.
4. Loss or damage caused by moth, vermin, electrical or mechanical breakdown, machinery breakdown, gradual deterioration or wear and tear is not covered.
5. Loss of cash, bank or currency notes, cheques, postal orders, credit cards, charge cards, travel cards, bankers cards, traveler's checks, travel tickets, passports, driving licenses, green cards and petrol or other coupons are not covered.
6. Claims resulting from confiscation, requisition, detention, destruction or damage by customs authorities or other such officials are not covered.
7. Losses which are not reported to the Police or appropriate authorities within 24 hours of discovery or as soon as is reasonably practicable.
8. Breakage of sports equipment whilst in use or loss of or damage to pedal cycles or hired equipment is not covered.
9. Loss of or damage to contact, corneal or micro-corneal lenses is not covered.
1. In the event of any claim the liability of the Company shall be conditional on the
Insured claiming indemnity or benefit having complied with and continuing to comply with the terms of this Policy.
2. In the event of a claim under this Policy the Insured shall:-
a) Take all reasonable precautions to minimize the loss.
b) As soon as possible to telephone the Company to notify the claim stating the Benefits required at the following:-
Gulf Assist (24 hours):
Telephone number in Bahrain: + (973) 17 218899
Fax: + (973) 17 215177
Telephone number in Ireland: + (353) 91 560621
c) Freely provide the Company with all relevant information.
d) Make no admission of liability or offer promise or payment of any kind.
3. The Company is not liable in respect of any Benefit which would otherwise be payable
under this Policy, should there be another insurance in force covering the same benefits which predate this Policy.
4. The Company will not reimburse or consider reimbursing any expenses which were not previously approved. Previously approved expenses will have to include the claim number obtained from Company prior to sending the official receipts, and letter explaining the reason and circumstances of why the Services for which expenses are claimed were not obtained from Company directly.
1. On a general basis for all the guarantees and coverage, the consequences of the following are excluded from the guarantee object of this Agreement:
a) Those caused directly or indirectly by the bad faith of the Insured. by his / her
fraudulent, seriously negligent or reckless actions. The consequences of the actions of
the Insured in a state of derangement or under psychiatric treatment are not covered
b) Extraordinary natural phenomena such as floods, earthquakes, landslides, volcanic eruptions, atypical cyclonic storms, falling objects from space and aerolites, and in general any extraordinary atmospheric, meteorological, seismic or geological phenomenon.
c) Events arising from terrorism, mutiny or crowd disturbances.
d) Events or actions of the Armed Forces or Security Forces in peacetime.
e) Wars, with or without prior declaration, and any conflicts or international interventions using force or duress.
f) Those derived from radioactive nuclear energy.
g) Those caused when the Insured takes part in bets, challenges or brawls, save in the case of legitimate defense or necessity.
h) Illness or injuries existing prior to the claim, unless expressly included in the Policy.
i) Those that occur as a result of the participation by the Insured in competitions, sports, and preparatory or training tests.
j) Engaging in the following sports, motor racing or motorcycle racing in any of its modes, big game hunting outside European territory, underwater diving using artificial lungs, navigation in international waters in craft not intended for the public transport of passengers, horse riding, climbing, potholing, boxing, wrestling in any of its modes, martial arts, parachuting, hot air ballooning, free falling, gliding and, in general, any sport or recreational activity that is notoriously dangerous.
k) Participation in competitions or tournaments organized by sports federations or similar organizations.
l) Skiing and/or similar sports, unless coverage for it has been expressly agreed.
m) The use, (as a passenger or crew), of means of air navigation not authorized for the public transport of travelers, as well as helicopters.
n) The accidents deemed legally to be work or labor accidents, consequence of a risk inherent to the work performed by the Insured.
2. In addition to the previous exclusions, the following benefits are not covered by this insurance:
The services arranged by the Insured on his / her own behalf, without prior
communication or without the consent of the Company, except in the case of urgent necessity. In that event, the Insured must furnish the Company with the vouchers and original copies of the invoices.
b) Illnesses or injuries arising from chronic ailments or from those that existed prior to the inception date of the policy.
c) Death as a result of suicide and the injuries or after-effects brought about by attempted suicide.
d) Those derived from illnesses or pathological states caused by the voluntary consumption of alcohol, drugs, toxic substances, narcotics or medicines acquired without medical prescription, as well as any kind of mental illness or mental imbalance.
e) Those derived from renunciation of or delay, on the part of the Insured or persons responsible for him/her, in the transfer proposed by the Company and agreed by its medical service.
f) Rehabilitation treatments.
g) Prostheses, orthopedic material or thesis and osteosynthesis material, as well as spectacles.
h) Those derived from pregnancy and childbirth, or for a complication therefore or voluntary termination of pregnancy.
i) Those derived from baggage that is not sufficiently well packaged or identified, as well as fragile baggage or perishable products.
j) Assistance or compensation for events that occurred during a trip that had commenced, in any of the following circumstances:-
1) Before this insurance comes into force.
2) With the intention of receiving medical treatment.
3) After the diagnosis of a terminal illness.
4) Without prior medical authorization, after the Insured had been under treatment or medical supervision during the twelve months prior to the start of the trip.
k) Expenses that arise once the Insured is at his/her usual country of residence, those incurred beyond the scope of application of the guarantees of the insurance.
3. The Company is exempt from liability when, as a result of force majeure, it is unable to put into effect any of the benefits specifically envisaged in this policy.
This Policy is valid for residents of Pakistan who are 85 years and under at inception. Premium without any additional exclusions being applied or changing to terms & conditions on the following loading scale:-
for person aged between 66 and 75 years, increasing 50%
for person aged between 76 and 80 years, increasing 75%
for person aged between 81 and 85 years, increasing 100%
Pakistan citizen who is married from other countries or permanent resident people or an expatriate working in Pakistan is covered provided journey commences and terminates in Pakistan.
SPI INSURANCE CO. LTD. must be contacted immediately, in the event of an Insured
dying, incoming medical expenses, being involved in an accident.
The Company will not be liable for any costs without the expressed prior approval of SPI INSURANCE CO. LTD.
SPI INSURANCE CO. LTD. will provide a complete medical assistance service to the Insured. Operating 24 hours a day 365 days a year,
SPI INSURANCE CO. LTD. provides effective medical assistance for the insured anywhere in the world and can be accessed by telephone or fax:
In case of emergency please contact on the following:
Contact Detail :
For Worldwide Contact : (24 hours)
Tel : (Ireland) : +(353) 91 560621
Contact Detail :
For Gulf Assistance: (24 hours)
Tel : (Bahrain) : +(973) 17 218899
Fax : +(973) 17 218899 17 215177